A Food Manufacturing Company is seeking a Nutritional Manager to be responsible for working with cross-functional business teams and the nutrition and medical community to develop nutritional research, education, training and substantiation of external and internal communication materials and content related to the company’s nutritional products.
This Nutritional Manager will:
- Define nutritional specifications and testing methods for products, to ensure effectiveness according to the specific product and advertising claims.
- Review marketing and other communication for accuracy in terms of nutritional and dietary claims.
- Work with R&D, nutrition, and marketing teams to review planned and actual communication, including advertising, for accuracy of claims.
- Serves as the liaison to the professional health community, relevant industry organizations and other key nutrition opinion influencers; Build and strengthen external relationships and partnerships with nutrition and health organizations (Influencer program). Manage website; organize all logistics for the company’s exhibitor presence at health and food conferences; support advocacy and policy efforts; address inbound requests from practitioners; participate in ideation and execution of ongoing projects to support influencer program with PR, PR Agency and VP of Nutrition.
- Analyze, interpret, summarize, and critique scientific/technical and other information from journals, reports, surveys and media; Stay abreast of nutrition developments affecting nutritional products including scientific research studies, consumer safety concerns.
- Develop and maintain a Research Library – classifying research and keeping abreast of developing ideas. Maintain database. Ability to translate science-based evidence into compelling information and materials for the medical community and consumers.
- Prepare project and program cost estimates, budgets, and timelines and managing projects through completion.
- Provide strategic customer and corporate support around key nutrition and corporate initiatives.
- Resource person for customer, community and the employee nutrition questions and concerns.
- Collaborate with VP of Nutrition on marketing & PR projects such as newsletters, brochures, presentations, events, Web sites, social media vehicles, communication programs, nutrition research programs and other programs.
- Collaborate with VP of Nutrition and PR Team for media requests: Craft written communication to answer questions from media; research answers via internet, textbooks, & published studies; serve as spokesperson for media when VP of Nutrition is unavailable; part of celebrity spokesperson support team
- Create and deliver nutrition presentations at internal and external meetings, community media events etc.
- Serve as the company’s nutritional ambassador for policy initiatives (ie: USDA, TOS), media events and online presentations (ie: television appearances, interviews)
- Provide sales support to the Sales department with online and on-site support representing the company’s products.
- Manage partnership with Healthcorps: engage with contacts, explore new program opportunities, and support execution of programs.
- 20% travel and no direct reports.
- Would like someone with a Food Science AND Nutrition Science degrees. One being at the Masters level. PhD is a definite plus.
- 3 – 5 years of experience working with nutritional information.
- Experience working in a food manufacturing company is a bonus.
- Knowledge of nutritional research methodologies and techniques
- Knowledge of nutritional analysis software.
- Excellent presentation skills and ability to speak publicly (on TV and in person).
- Someone who is open to new ideas and has a sense of curiosity.