Would you like to oversee a small food manufacturing plant that is part of a larger fast-growing privately held food company? This is a great opportunity for a qualified Production or Operations Manager to step in the role of Plant Manager and oversee the whole plant. Reports to the Corporate Director of Operations. Excellent future career opportunities within the organization.
SALARY: $130K – $150K + 30% bonus
Job Summary and Key Objectives:
Direct and manage all plant operations with overall responsibilities for production, safety, maintenance, quality, staffing and employee relations, and all other production-related activities.
Train and direct staff to manage plant operations in the safest and most efficient manner.
- Provide direction and leadership to plant staff of 50 employees (5 salaried).
- Achieve all company business and plant objectives in production, safety, quality, logistics.
- Maintain safe, clean and secure work environment.
- Develop and work within plant production and budgetary goals.
- Coordinate with production planning and logistics staff to establish production goals, insure that production operation meets customer needs with the correct product at the correct time.
- Develop and implement cost effective systems of control over capital, operating expenditures, manpower, wages and salaries.
- Establish and monitor overall plant performance for production, quality and safety standards.
- Maintain existing plant facilities and equipment; support maintenance program, including preventive maintenance and parts inventory and purchasing.
- Provide leadership and training to accomplish the company’s and plant’s goals and objectives.
- Evaluate, develop and train staff for maximum efficiency and employee satisfaction, and establish succession plan.
Preferred Education and Qualifications:
- BS degree in business or engineering, with a minimum 5 years plant management experience in food or chemical manufacturing environment.
- Strong business management skills, including budgeting and financial statements, planning, purchasing, computer and business software, process improvement.
- Experience with commitment to excellence, including Safety and Quality Assurance.
Required Competencies and Skills:
- Work Environment English language fluency – listening and comprehending, speaking, reading, and writing.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Interpersonal skills with all external and internal customers – displays passion and optimism, conflict resolution, professionalism, confidentiality, timely and appropriate response to questions or complaints, seeks feedback and consensus when possible, meets commitments, creates teambuilding, identifies and supports efforts to succeed
- Create program to provide informal feedback to staff, along with complying with company’s formal Employee Evaluation program