We are looking for a Plant Manager to drive continuous improvement and optimization of all processes. You will be responsible for the management of all production and packaging operations, including capacity planning and providing the necessary direction for an effective operation. Plans, organizes, and controls production of food items to ensure that goods are produced efficiently, on time, and within budget to quality standards and in a safe manner. Must have the ability to react to constant changes in product quality and adapt process to improve quality and reduce costs.
- Plan, organize, direct and run optimum day-to-day operations to exceed our customers’ expectations.
- Develop and execute production demand plans and schedules.
- Reports, communicates and develops productivity data by department
- Defines and implement improvements to the production process, develops and implements standard operating procedures for these production processes, and ensures they are maintained and followed.
- Manages human and material resources to meet production targets and within established budgets. Directs, monitors reviews and manages the performance of employees on team.
- Monitors compliance with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), HACCP, FDA and USDA requirements.
- Champions safety and ensures implementation and adherence to health and safety procedures. Complies with all OSHA safety requirements.
- Ensures efficient collaboration and co-ordination between relevant departments including quality assurance, HR, safety, purchasing, distribution, and executive management.
- Analyzes production and quality control data to detect and correct problems. Conducts production variance analyses to detect and resolve production waste issues.
- Makes decisions about equipment use, maintenance, sanitation modification, and procurement. Oversees and analyzes equipment problems to ensure maximum running time of equipment.
- Manage, coach, mentor and provide technical training as needed and as required.
- Champion safety for the department while influencing facility safety performance.
- Manages employees in production, sanitation, and maintenance area and is responsible for monitoring compliance to established and required standards and procedures
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering or related.
- Master’s degree or MBA preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years direct supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment required with a minimum of 2 years’ experience at a Plant Manager level in a food processing/manufacturing environment.
- Experience in meat processing preferred.
- Understanding of HACCP, USDA and FDA regulatory requirements preferred.
- Technically oriented, comfortable around machinery and plant environment.
- Possessing strong organizational, planning, process improvement and prioritization skills.
- Exceptional leadership skills.
- Thorough knowledge of production scheduling.
- Good oral and written communication skills. Professional in on-going communications with employees at all level within the organization.
- Results oriented and ability to work independently
- Must be able to clearly articulate and present technical concepts and ideas.
- Must exhibit willingness to operate with a great degree of flexibility.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Must be experienced in preparing a detailed operating budget and interpreting financial analysis.
- Must be able to understand operating principles of food processing equipment.
- Must be able to perform detail planning and organizing of long and short-term department activities.
- Must be able to meet deadlines and deal with other high-pressure situations.
Relocation benefits available. Excellent benefits and career opportunities.