Support the Director of Quality in the quality assurance function. Provide day to day oversight and coaching of QA technicians. Assist with coordination of implementation and follow up on total quality activity to ensure that the company’s products conform to technical specifications; perform reliably; meet internal and external quality expectations; and comply with all relevant standards, regulations, licenses, and certifications.
Duties and responsibilities
- Ensure facility and product compliance with food safety regulations and protocols.
- Plan activities related to the quality control/lab testing. Make sure that test procedures are compliant with standards. Write test procedures in order to meet standards.
- Assist in auditing facilities of suppliers and conduct risk analysis.
- Supports corporate in enforcing food safety standards and processes for the entire plant.
- Delivers production assistance to meet product, program and quality control checks, safety and regulatory controls on the floor of the plant.
- Analyze records and reports and consult R&D / product management and manufacturing / production management on quality issues.
- Works with shipping and inventory control to manage stock in accordance with industry and company standards.
- Responsible for a group of Quality Assurance technicians. Train QA team members and help develop their skills, competency and capability.
- Supports annual internal BRC certification including related audits. Supports all other government audits (FDA, USDA, State Health Dept).
- BS, Food Science or related.
- Experience as QA team leader, supervisor or plant QA Manager.
- Influencing skills to work across departments.
- QA and regulatory experience in food safety – BRC, HACCP, FDA and USDA.
- Highly diligent related to ensuring product quality.