East Coast PA/NJ area
As R&D Flavor Scientist, you will develop flavor profiles for customers, develop the formulation and apply it to the products. This is a fast paced environment where project management skills and the ability to prioritize and multitask against several complex projects will be essential. The position reports into Sales for private label and foodservice.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create ingredients and tests in customer specific applications.
- Prepare bench top and pilot scale prototypes.
- Build and maintain ingredients, top notes, and raw materials – create and maintain all technical documents for flavors and raw materials.
- Execute projects against timelines to include new flavors, flavor revisions, cost reduction and concentration.
- Trouble shoot in pilot and production scale up.
- Support R&D with relevant systems to enhance functional performance or decrease costs of existing and new products.
- Test and evaluate new flavor creations and raw materials with descriptions and detailed notes.
- Identify and verify new ingredient vendors to maintain high quality, performance and authenticity of products.
- Collaborate with Purchasing, Production, Quality, Marketing and R&D.
- BS/BA in food, chemical or biological science preferred.
- 7+ years of experience developing flavor profile and application to food products.
- Clear concise written and verbal communication.
- Well versed in commercial product development process and project management.
- Experienced in various food manufacturing processes.
- Familiar with dairy foods domestically and internationally is a plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software. Lotus notes experience and SAP preferred.
- Ability to travel as required up to 10%.
- THIS IS NOT A CERTIFIED FLAVORIST JOB.
Salary – $80 – 90K
Good benefits – Medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, 401K