Your primary role as Regional Quality Assurance Food Safety Manager will be supporting plants – providing leadership, direction and guidance to the plant personnel by understanding regulatory, customer and internal quality/food safety requirements. Provide technical expertise to all departments, i.e. training, continuous process improvement and product development. Maintain records that are well documented in tracking and recall program. Design and implement tests and procedures to provide safe manufacture of products. Very little overnight travel.
- BS Food Science, Chemistry, Microbiology, Biology or related.
- 5 years in a quality assurance management role preferably with USDA / meat experience.
- Experience developing and implementing food quality systems including BRC/SQF, HACCP, etc.
- A proven track record in initiating, planning and completing projects with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrates superior organization and written/verbal communication skills.
- Strong leadership skills.