Develop savory food products from initial concept through to commercialization. Assure product new products to meet kosher, USDA organic, GFSI (SQF) and other regulatory needs. Support the creation of nutritional panels and ingredient specifications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop, plan, manage and execute the steps and stages of product development. Accurately set up and launch new products ensuring NLEA and other legal and regulatory compliance.
- Collaborate and partner with external suppliers to source resources, solve challenges and contribute to the company’s commitment to ongoing product innovation and taste, texture and appearance excellence.
- Manage active product changes and transitions to ensure nutritional and regulatory compliance on all packaging and labels.
- Work with QA and sanitation to communicate allergens or other food safety and nutritional concerns to ensure accurate product launches with gold standard quality.
- Work with the technical processing team to execute production of new products.
- Maintain accurate and effective research and development records, documentation and version control of new formulation, ingredient, and raw material evaluations.
- Support best practices and SOPs with regards to shelf life studies, product material evaluations and identify areas of opportunity for quality improvements. Support sourcing team in selection and procurement of ingredients.
- Support continuous improvement efforts including initiatives that deliver cost savings without impact to taste and/or product quality.
- Build a working knowledge of all production lines and the processes involved in product manufacturing. Understand the impact of these processes on the finished product with respect to nutritional composition and regulatory compliance.
- Provide technical product support to sales team with regards to ingredients, NLEA, marketing claims and food business regulatory issues.
- BS degree in Food Science or a closely related field.
- 3 – 5 years of R&D experience in a savory products area in the food industry.
- Knowledge of the applicable regulatory environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work cross functionally in an integrated operating environment.
- Technical acumen with passion for continuous learning.
- Ability and willingness to stay current with food industry trends especially related to product development and regulatory requirements.
- Ability to travel as needed.