As part of the Flavor R&D group, drive the development, application and commercialization of new unique flavors and taste modification technology tools. Apply flavor knowledge and technical skills to develop beverage flavors for sugar reduction products.
- Solid understanding of flavor raw materials, as well as their application to different beverage systems. Final flavors are plant-friendly and sustainable.
- Demonstrate strong technical skills, specifically in the design, optimization, and production of flavors. General knowledge of basic chemistry and food science principles as related to the flavor and beverage industries.
- Successfully transition from bench top prototypes to large scale commercialization.
- In-depth knowledge of flavor application processes and best practices for flavor end use in beverage. Extensive understanding of flavor delivery systems including emulsions, extractions and blends as well as their use in beverage.
- Collaborate and work under the guidance of senior flavorists and scientists.
- Results oriented with the ability to manage, balance and prioritize multiple project initiatives in order to meet business objectives
- Experienced in multi-functional teams that are focused on multiple technology pathways
- Highly motivated with the demonstrated ability to work independently
- B.S. or M.S. in Chemistry, Food Science or related discipline with 7 years of experience working with flavor raw materials, ingredients and creating flavors in the flavor and food industry
- Must be a Certified Flavor Chemist
- A proven track record in flavor development and hands-on bench capability
- Successful creation and commercialization of flavors: extracts, emulsions and blends; In depth knowledge of essential oils and natural and artificial raw materials.
- Outstanding team work, communication and leadership skills